· discussions for the compilation of lithostratigraphic and biostratigraphic correlation charts for lower and middle Paleozoic, Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous; and
· joint meetings in Canada and the U.S.S.R. for the preparation of a programme dealing with geological and geophysical research on natural gas hydrates.
· stratigraphic charts of Precambrian and phanerozoic deposits;
· geological and geophysical research of gas hydrates; and
· geological identification of prospective coal and natural gas areas.
· visit of Canadian specialists to Komi, U.S.S.R. to discuss prevention of oil spills;
· exchange of legislation and standards dealing with environmental policy by both countries;
· Soviet participation in the Conservation Task Force workshop in Yeilowknife;
· joint field trips for the study of reindeer and caribou management in Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Yakutsk A.S.S.R.; and
· joint visits to fur farming operations in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia; and Moscow, Leningrad, and Murmansk.
· monitoring environmental oil and gas pollution;
· diffusion of petroleum hydrocarbons and other pollutants;
· advanced methods of protecting internal waters from pollution in arctic and northern water bodies;
· domesticated reindeer husbandry;
· wild reindeer/caribou harvesting;
· commercial breeding of northern furbearing animals;
· dynamics of musk-ox populations;
· dynamics and migrations of snow geese;
· northern living organisms adaptation;
· northern environmental protection policies;
· physical and mechanical properties of ice; and
· environmental effects of changes in northern hydrological systems.
· water supply and sewage disposal systems;
· heating systems for housing and public utilities; and
· construction and maintenance of highways.
Ethnography and Education
· traditional ethnography, including archaeology and education (training teaching personnel for native schools, preparing curricula and textbooks, preservation and expansion of traditional occupations, and traditional artistic occupations).